MULTILINGUAL DICTIONARY: JEWELRY & GIFTWARE - GOLD - SILVER & PEWTERWARE
GEMS & GEMOLOGY - CLOCKS - WATCHES & HOROLOGY - AMBER - CORAL - JADE - IVORY - PEARLS - 28013 ENGLISH TERMS
talla americana del brillante; talla brillan(e) americana; talla brillant(e) Tolkowsky
talla americana del brillante; talla brillan(e) americana; talla brillant(e) Tolkowsky
talla americana del brillante; talla brillan(e) americana; talla brillant(e) Tolkowsky
talla americana del brillante; talla brillan(e) americana; talla brillant(e) Tolkowsky
talla americana del brillante; talla brillant(e) americana; talla brillant(e) Tolkowsky
talla Amity
talla antigua
talla Ariella
talla Ashoka
talla Asprey
talla Asscher
talla Aster
talla Astree
talla baguete
talla baguete
talla baguete
talla baguete
talla baguete
talla baguete trapezoidal
talla Baguillion
talla Barion
talla Baroness
talla bastarda
talla bisel doble; talla en bisel doble
talla Brasil
Viewing 101 to 125 of 1854
Current entry number =  102467
LEXICOGRAPHER: forgetcarl@hotmail.com
GEMS & GEMOLOGY: AMBER, CORAL, JADE, IVORY, PEARLS
ENGLISH
Tolkowsky theoretical ideal cut
Ideal proportions calculated by Marcel Tolkowsky in 1919 for the round brilliant cut: diameter of girdle 100 %, diameter of table 53 %, thickness of crown 16.2 %, thickness of pavilion 43.1 %, total depth 59.3 %, angle of crown facets 34°30', angle of pavilion facets 40°45', crown height to pavilion depth ratio 1: 2.66.

NOTES: 1. Tolkowsky Marcel (1907-1973)
2. "
In 1919 a young mathematician, Marcel Tolkowsky, wrote a Masters thesis on the proportions for round brilliant cut diamonds. This became the basis for what is now known as the "Ideal Cut". It is said he asked passers by, in the streets of London, to select the most appealing diamond from a small group. From these casual observer opinions, together with those of the diamond cutters in his family's Belgian business, he confirmed the proportions of the best looking diamonds. He then applied math and physics to prove why. The proportions he chose produce a beautiful diamond. But it has taken more than 80 years for the industry to realize that his theorem predicted a range of proportions, not just the single set of parameters shown on the image; he was aware of a trade off between maximum brilliance and maximum fire that results from varying combinations of crown and pavilion angles." Diamond terminology (website)

SYN: American brilliant cut
          American ideal cut
          Tolkowsky brilliant cut
          Tolkowsky theoretical brilliant cut
FRENCH
brillant idéal Tolkowsky
Proportions idéales calculées en 1919 par Marcel Tolkowsky pour le brillant rond : diamètre du rondis 100 %, diamètre de la table 53 %, épaisseur de la couronne 16.2 %, épaisseur de la culasse 43.1 %, profondeur totale 59.3 %, angle des facettes de la couronne 34°30', angle des facettes de la culasse 40°45', rapport entre la hauteur de la couronne et la profondeur de la culasse 1 : 2,66.

SYN: brillant Tolkowsky
          brillant idéal Tolkowsky
          taille brillant américaine
SPANISH
GERMAN
ITALIAN
talla americana del brillante; talla brillan(e) americana; talla brillant(e) Tolkowsky
amerikanischer Brillantschliff; Tolkowsky-Brillantschliff
taglio di brillante all'americana; taglio brillante all'americana; taglio brillante Tolkowsky
ENGLISH
FRENCH
SPANISH
GERMAN
ITALIAN
28013
27972
27839
27818
27628
CURRENT LANGUAGE: SPANISH
Search For
 
The ENGLISH ONLY version of this Dictionary contains 5800 English terms and definitions that do not appear in this MULTILINGUAL VERSION.